Supercharging Healthcare Revenue Cycles
Posted by Mark Wechsler on Jul 9, 2019 10:00:00 AM
Today, closed-loop, synchronous communication solutions are increasingly used for notification, messaging, and information access. By assuring information is received and acted upon, they make an important contribution toward reducing revenue leakage and improving service delivery in areas such as:
- Automated reminders help to offset revenue loss when patients do not show for appointments or there are scheduling failures that result in idle staff.
- Automated referrals for health system staff increase in-house physician utilization and minimize revenue leakage caused by patient transition to out-of-network physician services.
- Proactive in-home patient monitoring (e.g., movement, respiratory, cardio) reduces (re)admissions and the cost of care.
- Remote telemedicine capabilities simplify patient access to healthcare provider services and revenue opportunity while reducing delivery costs.
Patient Access Services
- Centralized contact center scheduling services enable patients to rely on a single contact point for multiple physician, lab, and test scheduling needs.
- Proactive payment outreach with electronic payment capability accelerates payment collection and reduces write-offs.
- Self-service capabilities for inquiries (e.g., directions, appointment confirmation, Rx refill requests) free agents for more complex inquiries, reducing caller frustration and increasing satisfaction.
- Callback capability for patients facing unanticipated wait times reduces frustration while improving patient/consumer satisfaction and Service Level Agreements.
- Automated surveys simplify participation and improve response rates while providing timely patient feedback that can lead to improved service and care.
- Incorporation of multimedia survey channels (e.g., SMS and Web) increases patient sampling and feedback opportunities.
For a further look at the ways you can improve communication inefficiencies, download our complete healthcare white paper.
HEALTHCARE ADVISORY SERVICES:
LET'S CONTINUE THE CONVERSATION
A productive first step toward more efficient communications is to request a consultation with ConvergeOne Healthcare Advisory Services.
Our specialists apply their years of hands-on healthcare expertise to objectively analyze business requirements, workflows, and processes, then custom match the best mix of vendor-neutral technologies to maximize the value of existing and future communications investments.