Effective communication is a continual challenge for healthcare providers. Communication challenges amongst patients, payers, and providers are frequently linked to inefficiencies that result in unnecessary costs, care delivery errors, and of course negative patient outcomes. Enabling providers, payers, and patients the freedom to effectively collaborate and share information using the devices and services that are most convenient at any point in time is critically important to solving these issues across the healthcare enterprise and to provide meaningful solutions in areas such as:
- Revenue Cycle Management – automated solutions and self-service for scheduling, registration, claims, referrals, and reminders
- Clinical Service Collaboration – incident notification, medical alerts, patient care, and consults
- Medical Information Access and Acquisition – ADT, positive patient ID, telemetry, routing, and medication management
- Resource and Asset Management – patient locator, asset tracking, and medical transport
ConvergeOne’s WAVES Methodology and its deliverables are tailored to resolve the key communication issues associated with these areas. If you are faced with organizational, financial, and operational pressures but lack the tools to evaluate complex collaboration technology solutions internally, then WAVES can provide a clear roadmap to enable objective decision-making for the adoption of practical telecommunications technology – all of which is founded on well-reasoned business facts in support of patient outcomes, cost management, and service delivery priorities.
From the Patient Experience (PX), Customer Experience (CX), and Unified Communications (UC) vantage point, the WAVES Methodology establishes tangible IT/Telecom benefits in terms that are recognizable to IT/Telecom and healthcare business executives. For the CIO and technical team, it provides the details necessary to fully understand the recommended environment – the architecture, design, operation and support parameters, and resource and personnel requirements. For the business and clinical executives (e.g., CMO, CNO, CFO, CEO, and Board), it establishes the solution’s value in tangible terms such as:
- Strategic value metrics that are associated with enterprise-wide initiatives like growth, competitive positioning, time-to-market, and brand.
- Business impact to establish the solution’s influence on various internal performance indicators, such as quality, productivity, effectiveness, quality, patient satisfaction, and retention (both employee and patient).
- Investment requirements that address costs and provide an accurate comparison of what the current-state environment will cost over the next 48 – 60 months in comparison to the proposed solution.
The compilation of data from these three areas establishes the foundation for a true business case. It supplies clear data that either validates or refutes the solution. And it does so in the language of clinical, business, and IT executives. Further, the deliverables resulting from each step in the Methodology are specific and reproducible. They give healthcare management the information needed to understand the business need, reasoning, and impact of each recommendation and solution.
DIVE DEEPER WITH A WAVES WORKSHOP
With ConvergeOne’s structured workshops, we take the time to identify the information we need to collect and assess to determine the most impactful items for your organization, make the right recommendations, and share them with you in a clear and concise, business-friendly report. Register today for a workshop to get started on the path to true digital transformation.