Earlier this year, ConvergeOne’s Gabrielle Lukianchuk (Vice President, Marketing) and Tim Femister (Vice President, Digital Infrastructure) were featured on Designing Spaces airing on Lifetime TV. The segment (which you can watch here) centered around hybrid working trends and the security issues that have arisen due to the major shift in the way we work over the past year.
Securing Your Hybrid Workforce
Unparalleled numbers of people are working from home, whether it’s for a few days per week or full-time. It’s become clear that hybrid work is a trend that’s here to stay, with the following breakdown being common:
- 60% of people working from home and at the office
- 20% dedicated at home
- 20% in the office
Between connected devices, printers, doorbells, gaming consoles, and home automation, the average home has more complex and diverse systems than small companies. How can you ensure a secure work-from-home experience? ConvergeOne’s Tim Femister has the following tips:
- Make sure your streaming services are turned off if you’re having trouble connecting to a video meeting to have the highest possible quality.
- Hackers are targeting remote workers with phishing and ransomware attacks, so think before you speak, click, or text. When you open an email, make sure you recognize the sender’s name and email domain. Before clicking on any link, hover over it to make sure it’s taking you to the site you’re expecting. When in doubt, always err on the side of caution.
- Make sure you’re running leading endpoint security, such as antivirus, across all your devices. Also ensure your systems are fully patched and updated.
- Have strong data backups across all your critical data on both your business and personal systems.
DOWNLOAD A COMPLIMENTARY GARTNER® REPORT TO LEARN HOW TO TRANSFORM YOUR HYBRID WORKPLACE EXPERIENCE
Download Gartner’s complimentary report, “Learn How Hybrid Working Can Transform the Employee Experience,” for tips on creating a successful hybrid workplace experience.
Gartner, Learn How Hybrid Working Can Transform the Employee Experience, Gavin Tay, Rashmi Kotipalli, 10 June 2021.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.